Mindie Kniss was on the fast-track to success: a Fortune 100 career, the house, the car, etc… Then, in 2008, after being laid off twice by the same company, Mindie gave up the cushy corporate career to become an entrepreneur. Within two years, she was $100,000 in debt and faced eviction, foreclosure, and eventually, bankruptcy. Having hit rock bottom, Mindie knew there was nowhere to go but up, and has since developed a successful, six-figure coaching practice.
Mindie is CEO of Lucra™ which offers training for coaches and speakers on business and personal development. Mindie’s signature style combines a unique blend of spiritual direction, tough love, and business badassery. She hosts the BizReads podcast, holds degrees in theology, writing, and philosophy, and is an ONTRAPORT Certified Consultant.
When she’s not working, Mindie focuses on humanitarian work for which she was awarded the prestigious Global Health Fellowship in Nairobi, Kenya.
Personal & Professional Highlights
2000: Graduated with BA in Theology
2001: Worked in Research & Development for Fortune100 company
2006: Awarded prestigious Global Health Fellowship for humanitarian work. Lived in Nairobi, Kenya working on HIV and AIDS prevention initiatives.
2007: Founded coaching practice
2009: Graduated with MFA in Creative Writing
2011: First HeartPath retreat in Sedona
2012: Married Sean Stephenson
2013: Completed PhD dissertation on the science of heart intelligence
2014: Founded Cor Coaching Academy
2016: Founded enCor Mastermind
2016: ONTRAPORT Certified Consultant
2017: First Catalyst Kenya trip
- Mahatma Gandhi and I share a birthday
- I co-authored a book, Wake Up Women: Be Happy, Healthy & Wealthy, which was a Barnes & Noble bestseller in 2009
- I taught at an elementary school in Kibera, one of the slums of Nairobi, Kenya
- I biked down the Oregon coast from Washington to California carrying everything I needed on my bike, and backpacked through the Wind River Range in the Rockies for a month
- I have visited 48 of the 50 United States… Alaska and Hawaii are the two remaining
- My favorite food is tacos
- I worked as a wilderness trip guide leading many adventures on America’s rivers and trails
- I am a Hoopnotica Certified Instructor
Myers Briggs: INTP — INTPs make up about 4% of the population.
Kolbe Index: 7463
Giving back is a huge part of my life, both personally and professionally. 10% of all proceeds go directly to some of my favorite charities such as Kiva or Sea Shepherd. I invite you to join my HeartPath giving team at Kiva. You can make a difference in the life of an entrepreneur for just $25.